Tuesday, March 3, 2009

After the Snow Fall


DH reminded me that I needed to take some pictures of our conifer garden and basically any shrub that was green. Hint, hint. He is giving a lecture later this summer on Conifers. So, I grabbed my Nikon and headed outside to capture my adventure in our gardens. It was cold outside, only 18 degrees F. Brrrrrr!

I decided to test the camera with the flash attached to see how well the pictures turn out (with snow and sun). Interesting, the details that a flash will bring out.

Here is a nice sign that Spring is right around the corner:
A Witch Hazel in bloom



My favorite shot...I just love the yellow and gold colors of this shrub



Close up of a conifer



Back yard shot with Conifer garden to the right



Another conifer...I like seeing the mounds of snow on the branches



It's so peaceful taking pictures



This picture was taken without flash. Kind of looks ho-hum. Isn't the snow just gorgeous?



As you can see, I don't know the names of all the plants and shrubs in our gardens. A lot of this was planted over 10-15 years ago. Some grow slowly, some have grown enormous.

This was our first big snow fall for our area this year. Some of it has melted when the sun peeked out yesterday afternoon.

Camera: Nikon D40
Lens: 18mm-200mm
Flash: Nikon SB-400
Media card used: San Disk Extreme III - 2GB


No comments: