Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Weekend @ The Homestead


My hubby and I took a 3-hour trip to The Homestead in Hot Springs, VA. The last hour of our trip was a beautiful and peaceful drive before arriving into a spectacular resort. Hubby was one of the guest speakers for the "In the Garden" seminar held at The Homestead. I knew this would be a photo opportunity for me. I took over 400 pictures here. These are only a handful that I will share with you. Enjoy!

Arriving at The Homestead. Taken while in the car traveling down the driveway. Not bad for a behind the window shot



The Tower. It was a beautiful afternoon when we arrived. I stopped to capture this moment with the sky filled with while puffy clouds


Notice anything interesting about this building?



It was nice to stroll along and listen to the water


Yellow petunias



A small group of us (the speakers & their spouses) had an opportunity to hike through the Cascades Gorge. We saw 13 waterfalls of which 3 million gallons of spring water flow through each day.


My favorite waterfall picture



Fishing in the Cascades



Another favorite waterfall shot


I thought it would be a great opportunity to practice some photo techniques.

Normal waterfall shot using Program mode



Beautiful waterfall shot using Shutter mode



View from the back of the building. I always make my camera do all the work. So, if it means that I have to rotate my camera 90 degrees to get a beautiful long shot, then it's worth it


Many thanks to Forrest, Claire, Andre, & Eileen for making our weekend so enjoyable


No comments: