I had a wonderful opportunity to take some wedding pictures for a friend of mine from church. There was no pressure, as I was a backup photog. I'm actually my church's unofficial photographer and I'm always in learning mode. I keep that mentality, learning mode, so I can be as creative as I want to be.
The church's sanctuary has no natural lighting. It has a very high ceiling where bouncing a flash does nothing. I had rely on the equipment I had: my D5000 and SB-600 flash with diffuser and rely on my own techniques that I've learned while photographing inside this church over the last few years.







Sometimes you just need to keep an eye on the bride, because you never know what she might do next...





Overall, this was a fantastic wedding experience for me. I took over 250 pictures of pre-wedding, wedding, and post-wedding. Unfortunately, there are no reception pictures. My darling hubby wasn't feeling too well and we ended up leaving before the reception.
I set my camera to take both RAW and JPEG (fine) images. I didn't have any problems with camera lag time. My D5000 did a phenomenal job of keeping up with me. So did my flash. I used less than two SDHC cards (4GB each).
I'll be back to post more pics.
Camera: Nikon D5000
Lens: 18mm-200mm
Flash: Nikon SB-600 with Sto-Fen diffuser
Settings: Program, Single-point focus, Center Weighted
Post Production (PP) settings: Auto color and copyright information
No comments:
Post a Comment