While I've enjoyed taking low light pictures using my Nikon D5000, the camera itself didn't have a wow factor. I've been spoiled with the wow factor I get when I use my Nikon D40. My D40 is still an awesome camera with limited capabilities.
So what did I do? I sold my D5000 and bought a new D7000. I'm still in the playing phase with this new camera. I wanted to share some pictures with no flash. Yes, I was in the kitchen while I was experimenting in this photo session. I was waiting for my banana bread to finish baking in the oven. I shot in P-mode with auto settings. I wanted to see the results...kind of like baselining before I start to tweak. Notice the ISO settings in the following pictures.
King Arthur Flour (52mm, 1/30, F4.8, ISO 1800):

A bottle of vanilla extract (120mm, 1/30, F5.3, ISO 2000):

My lunch bag (135mm, 1/20, F5.6, exp +0.7, ISO 6400):

This D7000 has been touted for it's low light capabilities. So far, I'm sold.
No comments:
Post a Comment