Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

I decided to make another batch of blueberry muffins while the fresh blueberries are still in season.  My third attempt this month and I have to say they came out lovely:



Blueberry muffins with blueberry sauce swirled in the middle and on top
(55mm, f5.6, 1/125, ISO 1000)



I used a recipe from America's Test Kitchen (2nd attempt).  This time, I decided to have fun and that made all the difference in the world:



Yummy!
(95mm, f5.6, 1/125, ISO 720)


I used 1 cup of blueberries in the muffin mixture.  For the sauce, I also mixed a cup of blueberries with a teaspoon of sugar in a sauce pan and heated the mixture.  I squashed the blueberries as it was cooking down.  Take it off the burner and let the blueberry sauce cool to room temperature.  

Using an ice cream scoop, I scooped the batter into each greased muffin mold (pan).  Using a teaspoon of the blueberry sauce, I placed it in the middle of each muffin and used a chopstick to push the sauce into the middle of each muffin.  I swirled the tops of each muffin.  

All I can say...Yummy!


No comments: