Friday, September 9, 2011

Sunshine!

Early this afternoon, the dark gray clouds parted and the sun decided to come out.  It seemed like for days  we were living in cycles of of drenching rain, thunder, and dark gray skies.  You couldn't even see a break in the clouds.  I can't remember the last time I saw the blue sky.  It's been a bit depressing around my neck of the woods.  Today, the county schools were closed due to flooded roads.  A rare event especially when school started on Tuesday.  

There have been pictures of the area where water was everywhere.  A picture that caught my eye was a parking lot flooded with water.  Some cars were under water...I could see only the flat roofs of the cars.

The last remnants of tropical storm Lee had vanished.  Now, we have this:


26mm, f11, 1/500, ISO 100

The 12+ inches of rain was much needed here.  It feels good to be outdoors and in the sunshine.  It feels good to get some vitamin D.

No comments: