Here's my third oil painting called 'Secondary Colors'. This represents the purple, green, and orange colors that are created by mixing the primary colors (red, yellow, blue). I then mixed the purple, green, and orange colors to create the background colors. I also used white to create the lighter colors. I have to wait a few days for this painting to dry before I can finish it.
![]() |
| 'Secondary Colors' painted on a canvas panel |
My second painting represents another take on values, but in the color blue. I used Ultramarine blue and white to create the values. Before I can finish this painting, I have to wait a few more days for the paint to dry.
![]() |
| 'Values 2' painted on canvas paper |
I'm trying to figure out if I should paint the back ground first and let it throughly dry and then paint the objects. Currently, I'm painting the objects first and then painting the background. This method makes it harder to paint in between the objects.
As for photography, I didn't realize how hard it is to take pictures of oil paintings. I have to use my external flash to capture the details, but at the same time I get a lot of shiny spots from the painting.


No comments:
Post a Comment