Sunday, February 12, 2012

With D7000, Leave the Flash Behind

That's what I should have done when we left for our vacation.  I used my external SB-600 flash for about 15 minutes and I used it to take pictures of our cabin.  That was it.  I'm documenting it here as a lesson learned that I don't need to bring everything with me.  That's how great the D7000 is.  I did bring a spare battery with me.  I'm still averaging about 1200 pictures per battery.  Really cool!

Here's some pictures taken without flash:


Art Gallery on board (I did spend some time here)

Hubby's breakfast

Welcome Aboard champagne

Fellow cruisers dropping off their liquor purchases in Cozumel...they get it back on the last evening of the cruise

The gym on board

Galley tour!

My breakfast of champions (including oatmeal and granola)

A visit to the Medical Center for dear Hubby.  

A martini demonstration

Pouring different martinis...neat trick!

The captain's champagne fall...I watched the crew stack the 616 champagne glasses!

There were times while on the ship I left my camera(s) in the cabin.  There were many times I missed some wonderful shots.  There is always something going on or an event taking place on the ship.

Next time, I'm leaving my flash behind.

(Note:  all pictures taken in P-mode)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so love when you have info about the D7000!!! Great minds think alike - I also have the SB600 BUT I've only used it once. I took photos at a company function and they came out great but I have NEVER been able to get the same results since so it sits in my camera bag collecting dust. Great photos!!