Hubby and I had the opportunity to head to the Eastern Shore for a few days last week. Before heading to our final beach destination in Maryland, we took a side trip and ended up at Chincoteague Island. It was kind of weird that we started in Virginia, drove a few hours in Maryland, and then ended up in Virginia again.
We slowly drove around the Chincoteague Wildlife Refuge on the island and parked at their beach. It was a beautiful day with no humidity and we enjoyed the lovely scenery:
 |
| Chincoteague Beach Bunny! |
 |
| The beach at Chincoteague...peaceful and plenty of room on the beach |
 |
| Boardwalk through the refuge. The cloud formation reminds me of eyelashes! |
 |
| Wanted to stay and watch her paint.... |
 |
| The wild Chincoteague ponies! |
 |
| More wild ponies! |
This was one of those times...I wished I had a bigger zoom lens. Sigh!
I will be back with more pictures from the Eastern Shore!
4 comments:
I have wanted a horse since I read about the horses on this island as a little girl..."Misty". What a sight to see!
We've considered visiting Chincoteague after our neighbors went two summers ago - they went crabbing, but didn't see the ponies.
Wonderful photos!
Thanks for the comments on my blog - all the rumors point to the D600 being announced in September - I'm sure it will be great for you and your growing business!
Anita...the horses were beautiful to watch. I could have sat along the side of the road and just watched them all day.
Several years ago, we also went over to Assateague Island and the Assateague wild ponies roamed freely...even in the parking lot and on the roads.
Shirley...it appears that the Chincoteague ponies roam freely on that island, but they don't get close to where people would congregate. So they stay off in a distance.
I mentioned Assateague Island in my previous comment to Anita. On this island the ponies were up front and close. We kept our distance from them and had to drive slowly as a few of them were walking along the side of the road. It was so cool to see them so close!
Post a Comment