Thursday, October 4, 2012

Taking My D600 to The Plains

This past weekend, I took a trip to The Plains, Virginia.  It's a quaint tiny, tiny town.  My mission was to visit a yarn shop called Hunt Country Yarns.  How fitting.  It was a bright sunny day and my D600 had a great time capturing the scene.

The Rail Stop restaurant, once owned by Robert Duval (the actor).  He currently lives a few miles north of The Plains on a 350+ acre farm

This is downtown...The Plains.  I told you it was tiny.  To the left is Hunt Country Yarns and The Rail Stop restaurant in the center

It was a pleasant walk through town

On the other side of town, I found an old 1800 stone church.  I was fascinated with this stone tower-like structure

A glimpse through the archway

The church was very majestic looking

My D600 performed beautifully inside as well as outside:

Hunt Country Yarns:  I fell in love with this hand knitted sweater on display.  I need to learn another knitting technique...entrelac knitting

Hunt Country Yarns: there were cubby holes full of colorful yarns.  All waiting to be "squished" by me!

All pictures taken with my D600 and 50mm f/1.8 lens

I'll be back with a review of my new camera and a comparison with my D7000.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the shots...especially the textures you captured in the stone of the church. Looking forward to your review/comparison!