Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th!

Hubby was asking me when do the fireworks start?  I told him around 9:15 or so.  I was busy knitting and pretty much content to stay inside.  Hubby disappeared and came back, dressed to go outside.  Are you going somewhere I asked?  Let's go see the fireworks!  I dropped what I was doing and quickly gathered my camera and tripod.

Hubby drove (5 minutes away) to nearest parking lot which was packed with locals and everyone had the same idea.  I was the only with a DSLR and tripod and I quickly setup my equipment.  Crack!  Boom!  The fireworks started:




 I set my camera to Shutter mode and 3 seconds.  I set my 24-120mm f/4 lens to manual and infinity.  I watched for the bursts to see where I needed to zoom in and just snapped away.









There is a trick to capturing fireworks shots.  I've learned to listen for the launch.  Since I had my lens open for 3 seconds I knew I would be capturing the bursts at different stages


1 comment:

shirley said...

great captures and kudos for being spontaneous on attending them.