Thursday, November 10, 2011

Three Apples Painting


This evening, I got a chance to sit and paint for a few hours.  I went ahead and finished my apples painting by adding in the shadows and then painting the white paper towel underneath.


Rough sketch (left) and final painting




Three Apples (close up)

I'm going to leave the painting as is and call it "done".  I've been learning that the more I touch something, the more I overwork it.  Simple and less is better.  

Now, I'm off to look for a photo to paint from.  I've only got thousands to look at.  Sigh!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have this talent! Don't overlook the flowers you recently blogged. I would love to see a painting of those. Congrats to you!

2BPhotog said...

Hi Helene...actually that was a great idea to review what I blogged versus going through thousands of pictures that I have. ;-) I'm up to the challenge and we'll see what the next few weeks bring. Thank you!