Recently, I had the chance to visit another camera shop, Ace Photo. I had read their ads and visited their website a few times. I thought this shop would be similar to Penn. Was I wrong! As I walked inside this shop, I was immediately drawn into the nostalgia feeling. The shop had a "mom and pop" feeling. Nothing fancy, except they had a lot to offer for a photographer. They carried the latest camera models as well as used/refurbished and vintage cameras.
I spent quite a bit of time at this shop. I met a very knowledgeable sales person who answered all my questions. Ace Photo is now my favorite camera shop. Their inventory is probably the best I've seen for a brick and mortar store. Their selection is better than B&H Photo Video in NYC.
One area of the shop that really intrigued me was their camera bags. They carried a big selection of Tamrac, Lowepro, Think Tank, Kata, Domke, JillE, Tenba, Crumpler, Canon, Nikon, Bower, Vanguard, Clikelite, etc. I'm sure there were a few others I might have missed.
![]() |
| Camera bags galore! (Picture by Ace Photo) |
Yes, I did spend some wonderful time here. Time well spent.

4 comments:
What a great find... small, local, speciality shops are rare and generally the staff is well informed and courteous!
Good find! Absolutely love going into camera shops...my charge card also loves going. Yikes!
So does mine! I did purchase a few much needed accessories and I did have a list with me.
Must be wonderful to have time in a dedicated camera shop. We have a three national electrical/furniture retailers with shops in town, each have a small camera section, enough to have a quick look but the prices are about 40% higher than buying from ebay.....
Post a Comment