Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Weekend With My D7000


After a week with my point and shoot camera, I was back to using my D7k.  I felt a bit out of place as I was so used to using my P7100.  I had to laugh at myself when I tried to zoom in to see the pictures I took and I was looking for the zoom in/out toggle at the front of my DSLR.  Yeah, I had a duh(!) moment.

Saturday morning, Hubby told me to bring my camera and I took some pictures at our church Sabbath service.  I had my 18-200mm lens with me along with my SB-700 flash.  The only time I used my new flash was during a baby dedication that my Hubby was asked to perform.  During the service, I was adjusting the exposure on my camera.  When I had the flash off, I set my exposure to +0.7.  When I put on the SB-700 flash, I had to adjust the exposure back to 0.0.


Children's Story (no flash)

Children's Story (no flash)

Baby Dedication (with flash)

Prayer (no flash)

I enjoyed using my new SB-700 flash.  It is so much easier to make adjustments than on my SB-600.



 


2 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Beautiful moments captured so well. I've not ventured into the world of flashes yet...

2BPhotog said...

Thank you. I go through stages where I sometimes prefer shooting in natural light versus using a flash. Using a flash has been a totally new adventure for me. :)